Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SpeechEasy in the News

The same device that I use is in the news this week. Its gained quite a bit of attention lately because of its tiny nature and ability to be almost invisible, unlike hearing-aid devices of the past.
I chose this paticular model, mainly because it sits behind the ear and then has a clear tube into the ear. My previous model was completely in the ear, so I guess less visible, but didn't have an on/off switch. It was too hard to use in a place with any background noise at all. Imagaine a busy restaurant and all the untensils hitting plates or people talking... ouch! The new one that sits behind the ear can be worn all the time and be off if I'm not talking or in a quiet place. Its much easier to remember to turn it on and use the device if its in the ear vs in my pocket and obviously not on. Also, its much less hot and sweaty! Ear sweat is really gross, trust me.

http://stutteringnews.com/2011/03/30/spotlight-on-stuttering-by-the-daily-reflector/

No comments:

Post a Comment