Thursday, March 3, 2011

Did I Stutter?!?!?

In case its unclear by now, I think stuttering is HILARIOUS! Especially my own difficulties. My old AOL screen name was Stuttering Kev and I even did a huge research project in college on the biology of stuttering and used a rap lyric (about stuttering) as the title. Even my license plates mock my difficulty with the "S" sound...SSSSSS...

I feel that making light of the stutter, especially in the middle of a difficult word makes it easier and breaks the tension in the room, but most importantly, breaks my own tension for a few seconds.

On the rare occasion that I don't stutter and people either can't understand me or aren't listening and ask me to repeat myself, I love asking "Did I stutter?" with attitude. Always good for a laugh... Its even funnier if people don't know that I stutter or are new friends and don't know that its OK to joke about stuttering around me.
As long as its funny and done with love, I say bring it!

Media of the Day: Simple Jack from "Tropic Thunder"

No comments:

Post a Comment